Hey, supermom how has your week been? Well, mine has been incredibly great as I have been trying out different things in the kitchen. I must say it has been fun. On Tuesday, one of my old friends came to my house. I decided to try this old appetizer, Dal Puri for my friend and kids. It’s been a while since I had made this deshi appetizer.
Dal Puri is a spicy red lentil stuffing infused inside the small pita bread, Dal Puri can be served as a snacks. You can garnish it with cucumber, tomatoes and cilantro. This appetizer is highly flavorful some people will use dry chilies. However, my best choice will be the Green Chilies, and that is simply because it contains more Vitamin C and yeah, that is why I love my green Chilies with the Dal Puri. Dal Puri does not require a lot of time to make. If you follow these steps closely, in a matter of few minutes, you should have something spicy and mouthwatering on your plate. As said earlier, the Dal Puri can be serve as a appetizer or a Snack, either way you have a rich appetizer waiting to be devoured.
Ingredients needed for Stuffing
• ½ cup red lentil
• Three green chilies finely chopped
• ½ sliced medium onion
• 1/8 teaspoon turmeric powder
• ½ teaspoon ginger paste
• ½ teaspoon garlic paste
• One tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
How to make the Dal Puri stuffing
The making of this spicy stuffing requires that you make sure to wash the lentils and cook with an almost full of glass water, subsequently add the green chilies, turmeric, onion, garlic, ginger, and salt. Although, at times you might need a little more water to cook the lentils. And when the water in gets dry, take it from the hot plate and mix it up with Bombay Chili and the Coriander. Make a paste there forth, and your Dal Puri appetizer is ready for consumption.
For Dal Puri dough:
• 1 and ½ cup plain flour
• Two tablespoon oil
• One teaspoon salt
• Oil for deep fry
• Black salt (optional)
Dal Puri to form Dough
Foremost, mix the flour and oil with the teaspoon of salt dissolved in water. Squeeze the mixture 4 minutes irrespective of the kind of food processor you used. Cover the dough and let it set for about 15 minutes.
• Separate the dough and lentil stuffing into equal proportions depending on the number of people that you wish to serve.
• Roll the dough into three diameter bread and place the lentil ball in the middle. Seal the edge by pulling the edges of rolled dough together to make a ball.
• Heat the frying pan on a medium heat and pour the oil
• Roll the balls. It will be easier if you turn the ball in dry flour.
• Carefully press the ball on seal side and keep it on the topside while rolling. Make it 4’ diameter.
• Check the oil to put a little piece of dough in the oil if it sizzles and comes up slowly. It means the oil is ready.
• Place the Dal Puri in the oil and fry it until golden brown on both sides. Serve the Puri’s
Please also look at: